A big thank you to A cooking pot and twisted tales for being my 100th follower! And a special thanks to all my followers, I wouldn’t be here without you! I would also like to do a shout out to Danny over at Dream Big, Dream Often for recently reblogging my post Peaceful Parenting Is Not…. If you’ve never checked out Danny’s blog, start by visiting his current Meet n Greet, share your blog, find new interesting bloggers to connect with, and definitely give Danny a follow! He’s seriously one of the best bloggers on WordPress! Also, if you haven’t already, check out my Facebook group, where I post interesting articles and memes that I find, but don’t have time to blog about. And where anyone is welcome to post and discuss…anything!
To celebrate my 100 followers, I thought I’d do a special post to share a little more about myself with you. So here is my 100 things you might not know about me…
1. I have webbed toes. The 2nd and 3rd toes on both feet are webbed nearly completely together! I always thought this was pretty special. When given the choice to electively separate them, I chose not to.
2. I grew up in the Mojave desert in California. I lived there until I was 14.
3. I’ve known my husband for more than half my life. I’m 32 and we met when I was 14!
4. I have had dreams that came true. Nothing really significant, but detail for detail, they were the same.
5. I have fibromyalgia. I used to take medication, but decided to stop when I became pregnant with my third baby. I began dramatically changing my diet and now only rarely experience symptoms!
6. I also have scoliosis. It wasn’t discovered until I was 18, so I was too old for a corrective brace, but the curve isn’t severe enough for surgery. Doing yoga-like stretching helps tremendously to control the pain.
7. I only have three first cousins. This is especially odd, considering that I have four uncles and two aunts. Two of my uncles never had children, and…
8. Both my aunts passed away in their twenties due to cystic fibrosis.
9. My husband was in the Army for 10 years and deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan.
10. We lived in Hawaii and two cities in Texas during my husband’s Army career.
11. I have been to 15 states and have a goal of visiting all of them.
12. I’ve never been out of the country, though I would like to!
13. I used to write poetry often when I was younger. I have a large stack of poems somewhere.
14. I have one older brother and one younger sister, but neither of them has children.
15. My husband has an older step-brother, a younger brother, and younger twin sisters, and one of the twins had a baby just a month before our fourth baby was born. Our first nephew!
16. I love being a mom and raising children, and I would love to have as many as my body will allow. (Even though my two oldest are currently bickering incessantly!)
17. I love to cook, but I hate to do dishes or clean the kitchen.
18. I love folding laundry, but I hate putting it away!
19. I also love to vacuum, but I hate having to pick up everything in order to do so!
20. My worst favorite chore is cleaning out the fridge. Probably because my mother reserved it as a punishment for me as a kid.
21. My first paid job was mowing my neighbor’s lawn when I was 11.
22. When I was 12, I cleaned a dance studio once a week in exchange for ballet lessons.
23. I used to be involved in community theater and drama/choir in church and a homeschool group over the course of my childhood.
24. I used to regularly play paintball with my friends in college.
25. I never officially graduated from high school or attained my GED.
26. I was 6 units shy of the minimum requirement for getting my Associate of Arts degree.
27. I have been to Death Valley in California, and have even camped there!
28. I have swum in the ocean at Waikiki beach.
29. I have boogie boarded in Waiamea Bay.
30. I have visited the Alamo.
31. I have ridden a roller coaster 14 times in a row at Six Flags Magic Mountain in California.
32. I birthed two of my babies in hospitals and the other two at home unassisted by any medical professionals.
33. I have held a tarantula (my brother’s pet when we were kids).
34. I used to dress “goth”.
35. I have dyed my hair every natural color there is, besides gray/white.
36. I’ve also dyed my hair midnight blue and burgundy.
37. I’ve cut my own hair (twice recently…it turned out really well!)
38. I used to be actively involved in church.
39. I was an atheist for a time.
40. I now consider myself to be spiritual, but not religious.
41. I used to be addicted to Mt Dew.
42. I used to smoke cigarettes. Sometimes I still have a craving for one, even though I smoked for a short time, and it’s been many years since I’ve had one!
43. I love potatoes. My husband calls me the Bubba of potatoes (Forrest Gump reference!).
44. I don’t make my bed. Ever.
45. I used to be an extremely picky eater.
46. I have to sleep with a fan on or some other white noise.
47. I can’t sleep if my feet are hot.
48. Spring is my favorite season.
49. Christmas is my favorite holiday!
50. I used to read the dictionary for fun.
51. I’ve dreamed of having my own library since I was a little kid.
52. As soon as I learned how to alphabetize, I began organizing my entire bookshelf of children’s books by category and alphabetical order. (At about age 8.)
53. I used to be able to type as fast as 120wpm in high school and college.
54. I never see myself when I dream; I dream through my own eyes.
55. I believe in alternate realities.
56. I believe our energy, our spirit, never dies, but is reborn over and over; whether in this reality or the next.
57. I believe strongly in children’s rights.
58. I believe animals are more intelligent than we give them credit for.
59. I believe technology will be our civilization’s downfall.
60. I would love to live very much like the Amish do.
61. I haven’t had a TV in my house for nearly a year. (And I don’t miss it.)
62. I haven’t been to a movie theater in over 2 years.
63. I haven’t eaten fast food since March. (Ok, I’ve had Subway sandwiches a couple times.)
64. I don’t remember the last time I’ve had an entire soda.
65. I used to care that I was so different, but now I fully embrace it!
66. My maternal grandmother passed away due to cancer when I was 18. I still mourn her passing. She is my role model.
67. I eat raw cookie dough. Sometimes, I make cookie dough just to eat. And no, I’ve never gotten sick from it.
68. I’m afraid of needles. I pass out when getting shots or blood drawn. I hate when nurses don’t take me seriously when I warn them.
69. I’ve never voted.
70. I’ve never served on a jury.
71. Even though I’m not religious, I love old hymns, like The Old Rugged Cross and I’ll Fly Away, for their musical qualities.
72. My maternal grandmother’s family migrated to California from Oklahoma during the dust bowl when she was 2.
73. The Grapes of Wrath is one of my favorite books.
74. I’ve read most of the novels that are written by John Grisham.
75. I’ve worn glasses since I was 10. I can’t see clearly more than about 6 inches from my face!
76. My husband taught me to drive a manual transmission when I was 18.
77. I’ve never changed a tire by myself.
78. I get horrible motion sickness, but I love roller coasters!
79. My favorite ride at the fair is the tilt a whirl.
80. I didn’t ride on an airplane until I was 12.
81. I hate cockroaches. Hate them. Am terrified of them. Will scream if I see one.
82. I would totally support anarchy.
83. I would like to start a commune.
84. I think lawns are one of the most ridiculous aspects of modern society.
85. I never wear makeup anymore, and I’m happy with that.
86. I’ve never had a professional manicure or pedicure. I used to clean out my nails with a pocket knife!
87. Speaking of pocket knives, I got “kicked out” of a church because I wore a pocket knife clipped to the inside of my boot. I suspect it was more the black hair and “goth” clothes that they didn’t like.
88. I don’t decorate my house. I don’t have a theme. I don’t care what my furniture looks like.
89. I like a really, really wide variety of music. Classical, rock, rap, heavy metal, country…I can name songs from every genre that I like!
90. I’ve had my picture in the paper on several occasions.
91. I’ve been on TV once.
92. I love wine!
93. And I love chocolate! (Except white chocolate.)
94. I support women’s right to be topless in public.
95. I support the legalization of cannabis.
96. I can’t hula hoop to save my life.
97. I remember using a rotary phone when I was a kid.
98. I haven’t been to a dentist in 15 years.
99. I hate driving, it makes me anxious.
100. I’m pretty much an open book! If anyone asks me a question, I’ll almost always answer honestly =)