This is the best breakfast I’ve made, maybe ever! Fairly easy to make, just a little time-consuming. Perfect for a Saturday morning!
What you’ll need:
– 4 large russet potatoes
– 1 pkg bacon
– 1/2 of a yellow onion
– 1 large slicing tomato
– about 4 oz cheddar cheese
– garlic powder
– salt and pepper
How to make it:
1) Cut the bacon into 1-2 inch pieces with some kitchen scissors and put it into a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Dice the onion and add it to the pan. Stir occasionally until the bacon is crispy.
2) While the bacon is cooking, preheat the oven to 375 and slice the potatoes. Also, slice the tomatoes and cheese.
3) When the bacon is crispy, remove from heat and layer half the potato slices on top of the bacon and onions in the skillet. Sprinkle garlic powder, salt and pepper on the potatoes, then top with the tomato slices.
4) Layer the remaining potatoes on top of the tomato slices, sprinkle with more garlic powder, salt and pepper, then top with the slices of cheese.
5) Bake for 25-30 min.