I’ve received my 2nd “blog award” nomination, this one comes from izzyasabee. Thank you! Here are the rules:
Here are the 11 questions I was given to answer:
1) How long have you been writing?
I’ve been writing my blog for a year now! But writing has been a passion of mine since I was young. I wrote my first full page poem at age 11.
2) Why did you decide to start a blog?
It’s an idea I have tossed around since I first learned what blogs were, back in 2006! I find the idea of sharing my thoughts and ideas with the world exciting. I love that my words have touched lives literally all over the world. My husband is to credit for convincing me that people would enjoy reading what I write. I think the catalyst was the fact that I was constantly sharing my thoughts on current events and ideals on Facebook, but most of my friends were uninterested in those discussions. I felt a blog would be the best outlet for those thoughts.
3) What kind of things do you enjoy reading?
So many things! Before my little Irish twins were born, I read a lot of books. Fiction and nonfiction, many different subjects; from John Grisham to Isaac Asimov and Elizabeth Barrett Browning to Sylvia Plath, from the pyramids of Egypt to the evolution of man. Now, I read a lot every day, it’s just all online. A lot of blogs and news articles. Sometimes scientific research or medical journals, if I’m researching a new blog I’m writing or just curious about something. I go down rabbit holes often, searching for content on one subject and winding up reading about something completely unrelated. My husband has also gotten me interested in philosophy as of late.
4) What is your biggest writing dream?
To have a book published would be amazing! Especially a book of my poetry or recipes.
5) What is an item on your bucket list?
I don’t really have a bucket list, but 2 things I’ve always said I’d do is see all 50 states and travel to Ireland to see the small castle with my family’s name.
6) Tell us something unique about yourself. (okay – so it isn’t a question.)
I’ve camped in Death Valley. I suppose not many people can say that!
7) Favorite method of transportation?
Honestly, walking! You can see so much more detail, experience the world so much more. Plus, physical exercise feels wonderful for your body and mind. And I always feel so much more accomplished when I walk rather than drive.
8) Are you addicted to social media?
A little. I used to be a lot. It’s easy to get caught up in it. But when I stop myself and think, “Is this really important?”, I realize quickly that it’s not!
9) Can you tell us a “where I was when . . .” a significant moment in history happened story?
I was 10 when the 1994 Northridge earthquake occurred. I was sleeping in my bed in Ridgecrest, CA, about 140 miles northeast of the epicenter. We felt the quake pretty strongly. It was enough to wake me and knock several things over. After that, I remember my mom being terrified every time we drove to a big city with overpasses, thinking, “What if another big quake hits?” (If you don’t know anything about that earthquake, check out the link!)
10) What is your favorite season and why?
Spring! Everything feels so fresh and new and bright and alive. It’s refreshing and energizing to me!
11) Did you enjoy answering these questions or did it frustrate you to be asked to do it? (Be honest.)
I enjoyed it; otherwise, I wouldn’t have done it!
OK, now for my 11 nominations!
3)As The Oatmeal Swell
6)A Journey with You
10)Living A Sustainable Dream
11)Unschooling Momma and Poppy
Now for my 11 questions for these 11 awesome bloggers!
1) What is your inspiration for writing?
2) If money didn’t exist, what would your job be?
3) What is your dream house like?
4) If you could choose to be reincarnated as anything, what would you be reborn as?
5) What is a skill you would like to learn how to do?
6) What is a movie that always makes you laugh?
7) What is a band that puts a smile on your face?
8) What is something you’ve always wanted to do, but have been too afraid?
9) Everyone has “comfy clothes”…what are yours?
10) What is something you did as a child that you’d love to do again?
11) If all animals were tame, which one would you have as a pet?
Thanks for taking the time to read and thanks in advance for anyone who plays along!