I made a delicious dinner last night and my best friend told me that I simply must share the recipe here! (So that she can make it another day!)
What you’ll need:
– 16 oz roll of seasoned sausage (I used sage flavored)
– 1 small red onion, diced
– 3 cloves garlic, diced
– 3 bell peppers, cut into chunks (I used green, red, and purple!)
– 1 small zucchini, cut into chunks
– 1 package fresh green beans, cut into pieces (or about 4 handfuls of loose ones! Sorry, I rarely measure ingredients!)
– salt and pepper, to taste
– oregano, about 1 tsp
– paprika, about 1/2 tsp
– juice from one large (or two regular) lemons
– 24 oz (3 small cans) tomato sauce
– 2 cups rice, cooked
What to do:
1) Brown the sausage over high heat, chopping into bite-sized pieces as you cook it. (This is a good time to start your rice.)
2) When the sausage is almost cooked through, add the onion and garlic.
3) Add the other veggies and stir well.
4) Add the seasonings and stir again.
5) Add the lemon juice and tomato sauce, stir once more and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes.
6) Serve over rice! This recipe will give you 4 large plates of food!